Saturday, March 1, 2008

Worried about a friend

My friend works at a law firm and I get upset when I hear her talk about how her bosses harass her at work. She laughs it off and genuinely doesn't seem bothered by it but it makes me uncomfortable when she talks about how they treat her at work.

They speak to her condescendingly a lot of the time and belittle her with smart-ass comments. She's also told me on more than one occasion how they talk to her about how good her breasts look when she wears tight clothing and one of the lawyers actually spanked her once. I feel bad because I don't want to push the conversation, especially if she doesn't see it as an issue, but I find it hard to hear her say these things and not react because I love her and she doesn't deserve that disrespect. No one deserves that.

--Submitted by: V